I don't have tons of time on my hands. I live in my minivan. I feel like I am running from here to kingdom come most days of the week. But, one day I DID make time to look up my favorite lotions for myself and the kids on the Think Dirty app... and you guys! I. WAS. FLABBERGASTED!
I remember deciding to use baby lotions on myself back when I was trying to get pregnant because I assumed baby products were gentle and safe! Um.... WRONG! Developmental & Reproductive toxicity was pretty much the opposite of what I was going for.
Obviously, this was all part of my journey in becoming an educated consumer. It is what led me to really giving Essential oils a "GO". And if you haven't heard my story on that... go HERE.
So, guess what Y'all... I decided to DIY those baby products and several of my own personal care products and it didn't take much of my precious time. The results were luxurious, smelled divine and were completely NOT toxic. I just wanted to share a few of my absolute favorite recipes here because you owe it to yourself to try it... and go HERE to see why I can only recommend using Young Living Essential Oils be used in these recipes to ensure you are gaining the pure therapeutic benefits of that one of a kind Seed to Seal guarantee.
Now get to mixing... and You're welcome!
DIY Diaper Rash Spray is super simple and effective!
In a 2 oz glass spray bottle add 2 Tablespoons of pure Aloe Vera Gel
Add 5 drops Lavender and 5 drops Gentle Baby Essential Oils
Top off with Fractionated Coconut Oil, Shake, and Spray on those irritated bums!
DIY Body Butter (for Babies and Grown-ups alike!)
1/4 C Jojoba Oil (closest to our natural skin oils)
1/4 C Coconut Oil
1/2 C Mango butter (lighter consistency and odor compared to shea butter)
1 Tablespoon Arrowroot powder (can sub tapioca starch)
15 drops Essential oil (i LOVE Gentle Baby, Bergamot, or Lavender + Cedarwood)
1. Melt Mango butter and Coconut oil in a double boiler
2. Mix 1 TBS Arrowroot powder with 2 TBS Jojoba oil into a smooth paste
3. Once melted, combine the butter/oil mixture, arrowroot paste, and remaining Jojoba oil and stir to combine.
4. Place bowl of body butter mixture into a larger bowl of ice to encourage it to firm up (about 10-20 minutes - don't let it get too hard it can be difficult to whip)
5. Using an electric mixer beat on Medium/High until peaks form and luxurious body butter is whipped to perfection!
DIY Baby Wipes!
1. Take a good cloth-like Paper towel roll (I love Viva!) and cut it in half. Place half in an airtight container and store the other half for the next go-round
2. In a large glass measuring cup, combine 1 Cup Warm Purified/ Distilled Water, 1/2 teaspoon castille soap or Kidscents bath gel/shampoo, 1 TBS Fractionated coconut oil and 5 drops Gentle Baby Essential oil blend
3. Pour the water/oil mixture over the half paper towel roll and once saturated, carefully remove the cardboard core from the center
4. Wipes will dispense from the center of the paper towel roll and give you baby's bottom a gentle yet therapeutic clean!